Hold a Swishing event
Swishing is a clothes swapping event which gives new life to old items, while bringing your local community together. We’ve all got good quality clothes that we no longer wear, and a community swishing event encourages people to swap them for something else. Recent studies suggest that around 30% of clothing hasn’t been worn in over a year, while the cost of this unused clothing is around £30 billion. Swished clothes can also be donated to local good causes.
YOU WILL NEED
- A place to hold the event
- Lots of people to donate good quality clothes
- Clothes rails and hangers — these can sometimes be borrowed from local shops
- Mirrors — full length if possible
- Publicity — put up some posters and ask local radio and press to drum up attention